Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

If A Necklace Could Talk

What A Necklace Says...

I decided to give my necklaces a nice place to hang on the wall to try and keep their chains from tangling. I'm not really big into jewelry, so I don't have a decked out jewelry box or peg board organizing system.
Just a nail beside my desk is sufficient for me.

Clothes and accessories can say a lot about a person. The gold piece, for those of you who are unfamiliar, is an award given to people who complete the Personal Progress program of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and it's bee charm is the Honor Bee and is given for providing extra service and reading the Book of Mormon again.  As for the Personal Progress program, I am honored to have completed it, and do believe it has helped me to become a better woman (and wife now).  The building is called the temple, and in our faith, we believe that there we can make covenants with God so our families can be together forever.  I was married in the temple, and it is the greatest thing.

As for the second necklace, it is an Origami Owl Living Locket.  I really like the concept of these necklaces. My older sister gave this one to me right before I got married.  It's about the size of a quarter, and currently has 5 charms.  (The "J" is hiding near the diamond ring.  For some reason, it's almost never visible. I should have gotten a dangle. Oh well!)  There is a wedding ring, my husband and mine's birthstones, and a little charm that says "Forever Family."  I don't know how many times I've seen "Put Your Wedding Dress on a Necklace!" on Pinterest.  Do you see that burnout flower in the back?  Yep; wedding dress.  I know that usually the lockets, if there is something in the back, usually have a little plate with a word on it, but I felt that probably nothing could be more personal than sticking a swatch of my dress material in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment