Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

Squares and Stripes Forever

Girly Granny Baby Blanket

It's cuddly, soft, warm, and not my bed!

I started a couple of weeks ago making some granny squares to see if I could get over my writer's block for English Lit, and here I am with a successful blanket project that I'm excited to share with you!  (Kate the Hippo wants to share, too!)



I developed the pattern myself, and really enjoyed working on it.  (In fact, I grabbed some pistachio and navy yarn to see about possibly making a boyish version).

 
Doesn't it make you want to curl up and drink some milk?

Hand-made in Mississippi with 100% acrylic yarn, it measures about 31 inches square, so it is just a little small for my use.  Maybe perhaps there's a baby out there somewhere who would love to feel its warmth.

Hopefully, I can have some time to work on the blue and green one.  However, it looks like my workload for school might be a little much this week as I have lots of stuff to read and a speech to prepare.  Maybe I should speak on how to crochet a blanket...

It was nice to (somewhat but not totally) take a school break today and catch up on some housework since last week was so crazy.  Plus, I baked a cake for my sweet hubby's birthday!  Needless to say... I made a mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment