Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Review: Simple Micellar Water

Super Water to the Rescue!

Simple (my favorite skincare brand) has just released an interesting little product: Simple Micellar Cleansing Water.  It claims to cleanse, remove makeup, and hydrate, and THAT, my friends, is exactly what it does.

What is micellar water?  I had absolutely no idea.  After a few minutes on Google, I learned that it is a product of French origin designed to help women cleanse their skin in spite of the hard water in Paris.  An article from Marie Claire explains that little micelles pick up makeup, dirt, and more icky stuff on the skin, and explains it in hydrophilic and hydrophobic terms.  Having just taken a biology class last semester, this made a lot of sense to me.

Basically, you pour the product onto a cotton pad (very important for the science-stuff), and wipe it around your face.  It pulls off the makeup leaving yummy hydration in its place.  It removes eye makeup, you might just need to hold the saturated pad over your eye for a bit. (Don't rub.  It's simply not necessary).  The coolest part- no need to rinse.  Just swipe, and you are done.  No residue.  Just apply moisturizer if you wish.

In the end, you have cleansed skin that is happy to be able to breathe.


This is the first free product that I have ever received, and I was so excited to get it!  It was a complete surprise (I obviously don't pay enough attention to emails) and came with cotton pads (to properly test the product) and travel sizes of a favorite cleanser and moisturizer.  (And really, who doesn't love clean, white packaging?)

I like this product to remove makeup or for a quick pick-me-up cleanse (hello, exercise!)  I find my skin needs a little more love because it is so dry, and needs to be exfoliated.

Overall, this is a nifty little product, and does what it claims to do without smelling horrible, breaking me out, turning me red, etc.  And it saves my wash cloths.  Who likes having makeup colors on their white washcloths?  It's not very attractive on the shelves.

Thus, I would like to thank the French for developing this kind of product, Simple for sending me a sample, and my skin for actually liking it.  Next time you are in the market for a makeup remover, consider giving this one a try.  (Plus, Simple usually has coupons, and CVS likes to do buy one get one 50% off...)

No comments:

Post a Comment