Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

Squares and Stripes (pt. II)

Girly Granny's Fraternal Twin

[Insert clever name for boy blanket here]

I'm so excited to have a boyish counterpart to my lovely Girly Granny Baby Blanket.  I figured it might increase my chances of selling one if I offered two; one stereotypical for each gender.  (Not sure what to sell them for, though.  I'm thinking $25, but that's negotiable.)
It went together really quickly, but I ended up with a truckload of schoolwork dumped on me at once and didn't get the opportunity to finish it for a while.  Well, Friday night I sealed it off after most of my stress was gone, and I love the end product (though I did accidentally sew one of the small squares on backwards, but if you can hardly tell it up close, you DEFINITELY can't from far away!)  What difference does it make?  The stitches look slightly different from the two different sides.  So, really...what's the difference?  Nothing, really.  Slight individuality, I guess? (though it's already one of a kind.)
This blanket also measures 31 inches square, and features the colors Navy, Pistachio, and White (some white leftover from the other blanket!) in 100% acrylic yarn.
What do you think?  

No comments:

Post a Comment