Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Makeup Storage Makeover

Is summer really just around the corner?  With finals next week, this fact has become real.  One of the best things about the summer is travel: whether your're going home or leaving home, you just pack up and go.  I have been taking this into consideration as I have been trying to come up with a storage solution for my makeup, as my "clarinet case Caboodle" is wearing out.  It's big and bulky and does not want to stay shut...NOT good for travel when your makeup falls out into the floor of the car.

So last night I finally found a solution. 


Hello, Modella Fitted Valet Travel Kit. I found it at my local Walmart for less than fifteen dollars and fell in love.  It is divided into four compartments, rolls up and is secured with velcro, and has a hook to hang on the wall, in the closet, etc!  (I happen to have it hanging beside my desk!)



I have lately grown quite fond of storing things on the walls.  Perhaps it is because it is an easy way to decorate a rental property where you can't really do anything...

So, I moved my lovely makeups out of my clarinet case caboodle (it is actually the Undercover Beauty Briefcase, but as a former clarinet player that's what it reminded me of. Really, it was a great case, but I've had it for years and it is wearing out!)


So, here it is all filled up and hanging on the wall, and I can see EVERYTHING!  First of all, I am not a makeup snob: I do not really have much, but I really love sporting a natural look and not having my makeup break me out more than I already am.  I'm thinking of doing a "what's in my makeup bag" post talking about these products and what I like about them. (Perhaps I have been watching too much YouTube...)  I am also in the market for a new blush as my current one is getting old.

Once I have to go somewhere, I simply take the bag off the wall, roll it up and velcro it shut, and it's ready to go before anything else!  What's your favorite way to organize your cosmetics?


Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment