Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

One Thrifty Thursday

Shaving With Savings (Plus Soup!)

I try to keep an eye on expiration dates, especially with my coupons and such.

It turns out, I had a dollar ExtraBucks due to expire today, as well as a coupon for razor blade cartridges that I had snagged a while back from coupons.com.  It didn't stay online for very long; I'm glad I printed it.

Anyway, since we needed milk, I had an excuse to leave the house before hours of homework...plus I could spend time with my husband!

So first we hit CVS.  Here I made use of the $0.99 Progresso Soup deal, plus a coupon that knocked 50 cents off of two, making them $0.75 each. (coupons.com)  Take the dollar off with that, and we got two cans of really good soup for $0.48... (however we bought some cookies, so our receipt wasn't that beautiful.)

Next we hit our local Walmart; I had previously discovered that the razor cartridges are significantly cheaper there.  So, I grabbed the $15 four pack replacement cartridges for my razor  that I purchased this past summer (love it!). With my $6.00 off coupon in hand I was already at least partially excited; then I noticed the shaving cream right below it.

What was so special about the normal-priced shaving cream?  It came with a free disposable razor. New product!  (Schick Hydro Silk, buddy!)  Can you say "travel bag"? (I love my travel bag...now it is complete!)


So, these three items cost me only 11.41!

I love saving money on things that I use anyway!

As a side note, I got some black and red yarn to make a little bag (case is probably a more masculine word) for my husband's new 2DS. Maybe I can get to work on it soon.

You have also now had a first glance at my desk.  Congratulations; this is probably what I see for most of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment