Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Simple Stripe Scarf

Simple Stripe Scarf

Hello, again.  It's been a while since I've shown anything that I've been crocheting.  Perhaps I'm a little busy or something...
Anyway, here is a beautiful scarf I made a few weeks ago while watching Scrubs. (Mindlessly crocheting while watching television pretty much rocks!)  There's not much to it: it's 100% cotton (I Love this Cotton! from Hobby Lobby) but it would work well with other kinds of yarns as well as it drapes nicely.  I may try it again with Caron Simply Soft. (Why have I just now discovered how great that stuff is?)

It's inspired by a scarf that I saw on Fiber Flux via Pinterest. 

I say "inspired" because I didn't actually use her pattern, but took the idea and made something similar with double crochets.
Fiber flux is a great blog for free crochet patterns, just be sure if you use her patterns not to sell the product or copy the pattern elsewhere, as it belongs to her.

Here's a look at the stitches:

I love the double crochet stitch!  Anyhow, it builds really quickly, so if you'd like to improvise one yourself, grab a hook and turn on the television.  (Or go follow the pattern for the inspirational scarf...or any of her others.  It really is a great blog.)


No comments:

Post a Comment