Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Why "My Tiny Corner?"

What's In a Name?

It took me what seemed like forever to come up with this name.  I wanted to start a blog, but it needed a name that meant something, and not just your everyday Keeping Up with the Joneses (which is totally an okay name, by the way, if you happen to use it).  I was walking down the stairs with a laundry basket one day when it hit me.  My blog would be somewhere I could go to express my feelings and excitements about the things going on in my world, or my tiny corner of the universe.  In a universe where I am so small, this would be my place where my voice could be heard.  Hopefully, it could be an inspiring voice, a voice of encouragement, or just a voice that could share the positive.

I think this concept could be applied to everything.  I spent weeks trying to come up with the perfect name.  We spend our entire lives trying to perfect or live up to our names.  My name is Katie Marie (common name, right?), and I am named after two great women: Katie and Marie.  I work daily trying to keep my name beautiful.  I do not want anybody to associate it with something bad or with hard feelings.  Though I hate to admit it, I do this with other names, and it is shameful.  However, I am also trying to forgive so I can associate all names with love instead of ill.  It's a path we all must walk on at some point or another.

So what's in a name?  What can we do to see that our names associate with the right things?

We live in a beautiful world in our tiny corner of this vast universe.  Let's enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment