Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

All That Glitters

Bonjour, my friends! I would like to share a small project from a while back.  I was trying to avoid doing my online classes, I played dress up with some shoes and necklaces that my husband's grandma sent me. (I had to figure out what goes with ombré shoes!) It was fun, and I felt really special. (Advice: If you're having a bad day, raid your closet, and take selfies.) The word I used to describe myself was "duchess." For some reason, playing fashion model made me feel like royalty... Perhaps if my hair were still long I might could pull it off. (Kate's hair is amazing!)

So after my fun was over, I tossed everything back where it belonged. Then, I realized that the new necklaces didn't have a place! They looked a little pitiful, just laying on the bed, wishing to show off their royal pinkness. I thought about it and came up with a solution. The result: Command hooks are my new friends. 

There is a narrow strip of wall between the pantry (well, we're using it as a pantry) and my newly rearranged closet. I held the necklaces up, trying this out in different areas of the strip, and came up with my design. The mini hooks went up, and so did the necklaces.


I am quite happy with the results, and the colors really bring something nice to this room.


Quickly, I would like to show you some more of my [extremely] small collection of fashion accessories. Meet the Mexican Sprite bottle! Not only is it a beautiful momento of a favorite soda made with REAL sugar, featuring the fabuloso Spanish language, but it does quite a good job of holding my bracelets. (Note the beautiful pine cone flower; a cashier from the store in Minnesota gave it to me before I moved back South. Isn't it a nice piece of art? Nice fall DIY project.)



So I know my small jewelry collection probably doesn't have much to flaunt, but it is quite nice to incorporate them into the apartment decor to add a little spirit.

And the Origami Owl necklace is still where it was.

How do you store your accessories?

No comments:

Post a Comment