Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Free Toothpaste!

CVS Run for Free Toothpaste

Do you love saving money?  Of course you do; that was a silly question for me to ask.  My husband came in from class yesterday with a CVS receipt, and I had planned to make use of the milk for $3.29 this week when I ran across a $2 off of 2 toothpaste coupon on his receipt.  They usually have some kind of sale going on toothpaste, so I looked up the online sales paper and GASP!  There it was: $2.99 Colgate Total with $2 ExtraBucks, redeemable twice!  In other words I could get two tubes of toothpaste for 99 cents each (without coupons).  I had $2 ExtraBucks from another purchase that were going to expire this week, so I could use them, too.  This is my husband's favorite toothpaste, so I win!
Math time:

  • $2.99 Colgate - $2 EB = $0.99.
  • $2.99 Colgate - $2 off of 2 Coupon=$0.99.
  • Both of these generated $2.00 EB, so I get 4 dollars on my receipt.
  • $1.98-$4.00= -$2.02 pure store credit. (not counting tax since I kept all of my stuff in one   transaction this time. Sorry, I know that's like CVS Taboo when you're talking about paying as little as possible).

Free toothpaste! Woo hoo!

Basically, CVS paid me to buy the toothpaste.

Was this the whole story? No, of course not.  We needed milk (very nicely on-sale) and I decided to make use of the Progresso Soup 2 for $1.50 after instant and manufacturer's coupon (coupons.com) for food storage.  We also happened to run across some Oreos at 2 for $6 generating $1 EB together, so the Oreos were technically 2 for $5, or $2.50 each after rewards.  Who can't resist cookies?

It's nice to save money on things that you need (and a treat to go with).

No comments:

Post a Comment