Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Watch Your Bananas!!

Not-So-Despicable Minion Amigurumi!


One of our new favorite movies now-a-days is Despicable Me and its lovely counterpart that we saw in the theater.  Since then, we haven't exactly gone "minion mad," but we do love the little guys, and playing Minion Rush on our iPads is pretty fun.  They're adorable, hilarious, and the Banana language is quite fascinating to one such as myself.  I've been plotting to make a Minion for a couple weeks now, and I finally just broke down and did it.  He came together really quickly, actually.

I found this pattern from Snacksies Handicraft Corner on Pinterest.  I actually just now discovered that there's now an updated pattern that should have been just a little easier to follow, but I didn't have too many problems.  Maybe I'm just used to making mistakes... 

Isn't he adorable!  He's not despicable at all!  He's completely made out of yarn from other projects (except for his brown eyes), and my darling husband actually spent hours untangling the yellow yarn for me (he's really good at untangling)!!  I'm glad he likes him so much (but we haven't named him yet)!

I'm really getting into the amigurumi side of crochet.  It's so much fun, and then you can play with your work...good for the inner-child.




No comments:

Post a Comment