Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Quick Cotton Scarf

So, the other day I was untangling some white yarn, and my mother-in-law mentioned that I crochet well enough now to not have to use the super saver all the time.  At Walmart they have the little Peaches & Cream balls of yarn (much less yarn, but under $2) that are made out of...COTTON!  They don't really like to try to come apart on you, and I find that super nice.  I picked up three balls before work, and after I finished Kate the Hippo, I got to looking for scarf patterns, since I wasn't liking where doing a simple V-stitch was headed with the multi-colored yarns that I got.  I found one called the Draft Dodger Scarf from Cobbler's Cabin, and got right to work.



I used one ball of the Peaches & Cream (give or take a few inches), so that's about 120 yards, and it measures about 36 inches long, and took less than 24 hours to stitch together.  It's super simple, single crochet, double crochet, single crochet, double crochet... and it looks really pretty!  Check out the detail!

I have some more cotton, so I wonder what I'll be up to next in my tiny corner of the universe...

No comments:

Post a Comment