Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

My First Crochet Toy

The Hippo

Good morning, rest of the universe.  Did you know I (somewhat) crochet?  I decided today that I would finish the hot red hippo that I've been working on. (My husband likes hippos).  It only took a few days to complete.  It's crazy, since everything seems to take me forever...of course, I was doing my stitches incorrectly up until a few days ago.  I found the pattern via. Pinterest here at Bitter Sweet.  It's called Hungry, Hungry, Hippo, and mine looks like it might be starving.  I should have stuffed him more.  Oh well!  I used Red Heart Super Saver yarn in the Hot Red shade that I found on sale at my local Hobby Lobby for $1.79.  He also has blue eyes that I snatched up at Hobby Lobby for $0.99 for two pairs!


With my camera, he looks so incredibly red! At least, if I did my stitches incorrectly or inside-out, it's hard to see.  I guess I can't complain.  I promise he's not quite this bright, however he is a very, very bright red. 

Being a crochet novice, I found a couple of awesome tutorials on Youtube to help me out a bit with fastening off and joining together the pieces.  The first was for fastening off, closing, and weaving ends of amigurumi toys by NattypatCrochet.  Then, I needed help joining the pieces together and found this video by June from planetjune. 

I am so excited to have finished my first crochet toy, and it was actually super easy!  I'm excited to move on to something else!

Isn't he adorable??

No comments:

Post a Comment