Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Our Hippo Family

Meet Charlie and Kate  

These two were basically love at first sight, or love at first snack! Aren't they just so incredibly cute together?



I used the Hungry, Hungry Hippo pattern again from Bitter Sweet, this time using the color Turqua from Red Heart Super Saver yarn that I got way back at my hometown Walmart for Kate's body (finally finished of a skien that has been in three different projects!) She has the other set of blue eyes that came in the bag I used on her husband.  The Hot Red yarn color makes an appearance again (from the other hippo) in Kate's super cute and tiny bow.  I found the pattern for the super simple bow at Cut Out + Keep.  I didn't give her any nostrils, but she's so adorable without them!

The turquoise photographs a lot better than the red, it seems.

I've also basically finished a couple of adorable scarves (they do need some blocking and simple finishing touches though) and I've discovered cotton yarn!  Therefore, there is another scarf in progress.  I love crochet! It's so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment