Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Italian Chicken Rice Pot

In procrastinating doing my homework a while back, I ran across a YouTube video by Laura Vitale for one pot chicken and rice. I have learned that some of the greatest dishes are super simple, and this is definitely one of them. I didn't have all of her ingredients on hand, but I had enough to make a most delicious variation for a college student such as myself.

By the way, this makes a lot food...and I didn't get to eat any of the leftovers!

Italian Chicken and Rice

Inspired by Laura in the Kitchen
I've linked the original video and recipe here if you are interested.

Ingredients:


Vegetable oil (or olive oil, etc.)
2 pieces of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 can tomatoes, diced
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Italian Seasoning
2 cups of white rice
3 cups of water + 3 bouillon cubes (chicken-flavored)
[or three cups of broth...]

It's almost easier than Rice-a-Roni, and tastes a lot better.

Instructions:


Heat oil in skillet and cube chicken breasts.  Fry cubes until they start to develop color.
Meanwhile, dice bell pepper.
Add pepper to chicken and fry until color starts to change.  Season with salt and pepper.
Add rice and cook for about a minute to let brown.
Add water, bouillon, can of tomatoes, and seasonings.
Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and let simmer.
In about twenty five minutes, your yummy chicken and rice should be ready to eat.

This one is sure to be a classic in my house (assuming I ever have not-frozen chicken!)

Finally, I would like to thank Mrs. Vitale for inspiring this wonderful dish.

1 comment: